A deep, dark “Robust Porter,” a beer style known for being darker, fuller-bodied, and higher in alcohol by volume than a standard Brown Porter. Our Black Robusto goes down smoothly with flavors of bittersweet chocolate and slight roast from Crystal and Chocolate malt. A touch of spicy, herbal hop character from Willamette hops balances out the finish. Enjoy a pint with dark, lingering satisfaction. Available Year Round.
THE BLACK ROBUSTO STORY:
Our latest addition to the bottled line-up Drake’s Black Robusto Porter is a Robust Porter kicked up to Drake’s standard. Dark and brooding with a little heft in the body and the alcohol content, this is the type of beer necessary to tackle the chill of the fog when it rolls into the East Bay. As is our style at Drake’s, the Black Robusto still finishes relatively dry with hints of bittersweet chocolate and coffee lasting into the finish.
- 2nd Place 2014 California State Fair Commercial Craft Brew Competition- Robust Porter
- 2013 Silver Medal Winner at the Great American Beer Festival, Robust Porter
- 2013 Gold Medal Winner at the San Diego International Beer Competition.
- 2013 Bronze Medal Winner at the California State Fair Commercial Beer Competition
- 2013 Bronze Medal Winner at the Los Angeles International Beer Competition